Blueberry Romaine Salad
I love to bring this delicious salad to school gatherings. The homemade dressing couldn’t be simpler, so I whip it up in advance and just give it a quick toss with the other ingredients when I get to any event.
—Kris Bristol, Charlotte, MI
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Gradually whisk
- in oil. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. To serve, pour
- dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 443 calories, 40 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 195 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.