- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil. In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. To serve, pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Romaine Salad
"SO GOOD! This is a wonderful salad for summer. Due to on hand ingredients, I subbed walnuts for cashews, and olive oil for canola. I also tossed in some sliced strawberries with my blueberries. The dressing and salad ingredients are a perfect refreshing match. I will definitely make this again. One thing, it does get a bit soggy fast, so don't dress the salad until you are ready to eat. We had it last night with grilled steak and grilled corn on the cob, I made another salad for lunch today. Mmmm."
"Refreshing and different. Loved it.Note for jorgesqtpie...just have a bowl of hearts of Romaine and call it a day."
"This looks good and I would like to make it but Can someone please explain to me why the calorie count is so high for one cup of salad? This just doesn't seem right. I didn't want to give it a rating since I haven't made it but they wouldn't let me submit this question without a rating."
"We had this salad on Easter Sunday and it was delish with ham."