Blueberry Ripple Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; spread over pecan mixture. Top with the blueberries and remaining pecan mixture; swirl with a knife.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 272 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Ripple Cake
"The only adjustments I made was to omit pecans and I used a full dry pint of fresh blueberries.I also used a greased and floured baking pan. I used the white cake mix alternative, using 4 egg whites, 1-1/4 cups water and 1/2 cup vegetable oil. I DID use about 3/4 of the crumb mixture for bottom of cake and the balance of crumb mixture and blueberries for the top!delowenstein, TOH Volunteer Field Editor"
"Everyone loved this! Super moist and the crust was perfect! This is going in my Favorites."
"Excellent. I should have 'rippled' more..Used the egg white only recipe. I will def make again."
"Sorry, this still tastes like a boxed cake. The topping was the only good thing. The topping on the bottom of the pan made for a mess while trying to get pieces out. There are lots better blueberry coffee cake recipes on this site."
"I have made this yummy cake many times over the last several years, and it is always well-received! The bottom and topping have a wonderful cinnamon-sugar flavor. I top my guests' slices with a dollop of whipped cream. I use more frozen blueberries: 1-1/2 cups, in my cake. Also, I recommend using the egg whites recipe on the back of the cake box when you make your boxed white cake mix.-Lori in WI."
"Very moist and tasty. Thinking of making it with chopped apples the next time."
"This cake tastesd even better than it looks. When I made it, it turned out just like the picture. I hope I can do it again! It's a must try!"
"Very easy and very delicious."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.