Blueberry Ripple Cake
My mother gave me this recipe some 40 years ago, and it's withstood the test of time. The blueberry-filled cake has gone on to please four generations of our growing family. Along with baking, my favorite pastime is quilting.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt;
- cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle half of the
- mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; spread over
- pecan mixture. Top with the blueberries and remaining pecan mixture;
- swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.