Blueberry-Rhubarb Refrigerator Jam
I think the best recipes come from good friends...that's where I got this jam recipe. It's a great way to use an abundant supply of rhubarb.
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- In a large kettle, cook rhubarb and water over medium-high heat for
- 3-5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Add sugar. Bring to a boil;
- boil for 2 minutes. Stir in pie filling, blueberries and lemon
- juice. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool slightly.
- Pour into refrigerator containers. Cool to room temperature. Cover
- and refrigerate. Yield: 4-1/2 pints.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 142 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.