Blueberry-Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
A dollop of whipped topping adds a nice finishing touch to this satisfying crumble. Sometimes I drizzle a little flavored coffee creamer on top instead of the whipped topping. —Nancy Sousley, Lafayette, Indiana
- 6 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine blueberries, rhubarb, sugar and flour. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- 2. For topping, in a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- 3. Bake 45-55 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes. Serve warm; dollop with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (calculated without whipped cream) equals 305 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 64 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry-Rhubarb Crumble
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC