Blueberry-Rhubarb Crumble Recipe
- 6 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 4 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, rhubarb, sugar and flour. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For topping, in a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until the fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm; dollop with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry-Rhubarb Crumble(11)
Sort By :
This was a delicious easy way to use my rhubarb. I will make it again. I used pecans which added a good flavor to this recipe.
I noted the comments and doubled the oatmeal topping and increased the flour in the fruit filling. The topping was perfect but with ten cups of fruit, the recipe needed more thickener to deal with the juice. I wonder if cornstarch would be a better choice.
Always great to find a nice recipe to use up my rhubarb. I decided to 1 1/2 crumble topping to help prevent soggy top and it worked out well for my tastes. No other changes. Will def make again.
@LeLimey...i lived in Penzance for a few years for school...my gran is from Cornwall, my husband is from Scotland...i absolutely miss the custard you are talking about *sighing* love love loved it..even a cup of tea tastes better over there...probably the water :D
i'm baking it right now...i used all fresh fruit..i put blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and rhubarb...when i made the topping..i actually used quaker oats single servings with blueberries and strawberries and nuts...it smells so good right now..i wish i could put scratch and sniff on here :D
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cobbler Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Crumble Topping >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >