This quick, easy and comforting recipe can also be microwaved to save on time and not compromise flavor. It's simply unbeatable warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 2-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the rhubarb, sugar and flour. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Add pie filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over filling. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and rhubarb is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Rhubarb Crisp in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p21
Reviews for Blueberry-Rhubarb Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review