When the rhubarb comes in, mix it with blueberries for a rustic and bubbly tart. Offer it to a friend with a warm cup of tea. —Jeanne Ambrose, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and flour. Add rhubarb and blueberries; toss to coat. Spoon filling over pastry to within 2 in. of edge. Fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as you go and leaving a 4-in. opening in the center. Brush folded pastry with milk; sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Transfer tart to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Rhubarb Country Tart in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Rhubarb Country Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review