Blueberry/Rhubarb Breakfast Sauce Recipe
My husband's aunt gave me this recipe, and it's become our family's favorite breakfast topping. Sometimes I'll substitute cherry pie filling (which I put through the blender) for the blueberry pie filling—it's tasty, too! —Rita Wagenmann, Grangeville, Idaho
- 6 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1. Rinse seven 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and sugar to a boil. Boil 10 minutes. Remove from heat; add pie filling and mix well. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin.
- 3. Fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; cover with lids.
- 4. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Serve with pancakes, waffles, toast or English muffins. Yield: 7 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Blueberry/Rhubarb Breakfast Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC