Blueberry/Rhubarb Breakfast Sauce
My husband's aunt gave me this recipe, and it's become our family's favorite breakfast topping. Sometimes I'll substitute cherry pie filling (which I put through the blender) for the blueberry pie filling—it's tasty, too! —Rita Wagenmann, Grangeville, Idaho
56 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- In a saucepan, bring rhubarb and sugar to a boil. Boil for 10
- minutes. Remove from the heat; add pie filling and mix well. Bring
- to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in gelatin. Store the sauce
- in jars or freezer containers. Refrigerate or freeze until ready to
- use. Serve with pancakes, waffles, toast or English muffins. Yield:
- 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.