Blueberry Raspberry Pie Recipe
Field editor Earlene Ertelt of Woodburn, Oregon shared this lovely fruity dessert that tastes like summer. She notes, "This is one of the very best pies I have ever made."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Beat the egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush over crust. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, vanilla and cinnamon. Gently stir in the berries. Pour into the crust.
- 3. Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over the filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with remaining water; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC