Field editor Earlene Ertelt of Woodburn, Oregon shared this lovely fruity dessert that tastes like summer. She notes, "This is one of the very best pies I have ever made."
Recommended: 22 Best Summer Pies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Beat the egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush over crust. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, vanilla and cinnamon. Gently stir in the berries. Pour into the crust.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over the filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with remaining water; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Raspberry Pie in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p53
Reviews forBlueberry Raspberry Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 23, 2011
"Absolutely the best pie I've ever made or tasted!"
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2011
"One if the best pies I've ever had. This was really easy to make and I had a lot of compliments on it."
Reviewed May. 13, 2009
"This is a fantastic pie"