Blueberry Quick Bread with Vanilla Sauce Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- VANILLA SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the egg, milk and oil. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
For sauce, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in cream until smooth; add butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Serve with blueberry bread.
Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled loaf in plastic wrap and foil. To use, thaw at room temperature. Prepare sauce as directed and serve with bread. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 608 calories, 30 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Quick Bread with Vanilla Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.