Blueberry Quick Bread
The down-home goodness of this loaf makes it the perfect snack...morning, noon or night. Chock-full of blueberries, This moist bread also has a hint of orange that will have your family asking for seconds.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups Master Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- In a bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, blueberries and orange peel. In
- another bowl, whisk egg, orange juice and water; stir into the dry
- ingredients. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at
- 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 137 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.