Blueberry Pudding with Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
- LEMON CREAM SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and drained
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water; cook and stir until thickened and clear. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- 2. In a bowl, whip the cream; fold cooled mixture into cream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3. For pudding, combine dry ingredients in another bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until particles are the size of small peas. Add eggs and milk and beat on low until thoroughly combine. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle berries over batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with Lemon Cream Sauce. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 535 calories, 25 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 393 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Pudding with Lemon Cream Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.