Blueberry Pudding with Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
- LEMON CREAM SAUCE:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, washed and drained
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water; cook and stir until thickened and clear. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- 2. In a bowl, whip the cream; fold cooled mixture into cream. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 3. For pudding, combine dry ingredients in another bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until particles are the size of small peas. Add eggs and milk and beat on low until thoroughly combine. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle berries over batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with Lemon Cream Sauce. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 535 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Pudding with Lemon Cream Sauce
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.