Blueberry Pudding Cake Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- Toss the blueberries with cinnamon and lemon juice; place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder; stir in milk and butter. Spoon over berries.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter. Slowly pour boiling water over all. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake portion comes out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Pudding Cake
Sort By :
"LOVE this dessert when served with vanilla ice cream! I suggest upping the cornstarch amount to at least 2 tbsp (otherwise the sauce is very thin, not really thickened much at all- but I always use frozen blueberries, so maybe that makes the difference?)"
"My sons LOVE this cake...especially served warm with vanilla ice cream. When fresh blueberries are in season, I stock up so we can make this delicious dessert year-round."
"I love this recipe :o) it is quick and easy , I like the way the cinnamon tastes with the blueberries."
"After reading all the great reviews I was surprised. Mine came out runny. I'm wondering if it is because I used frozen blueberries and when they thawed that may have caused the soupy mix. Mine has a dark crust and doesn't look like the picture. I would not make this again."
"have made this with different fruit - always comforting"