Juicy blueberries swimming in a sweet jelly taste terrific spooned over vanilla ice cream. But we also enjoy it on top of waffles and pancakes.—Shannon Arthur, Portsmouth, Ohio
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Process: 5 min.
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook
- 15-18 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into three hot
- sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air
- bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture.
- Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are
- completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 5 minutes.
- Remove jars and cool.
- Yield: 3 half-pints.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.