Blueberry Preserves Recipe
Juicy blueberries swimming in a sweet jelly taste terrific spooned over vanilla ice cream. But we also enjoy it on top of waffles and pancakes.—Shannon Arthur, Portsmouth, Ohio
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook 15-18 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- 2. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into three hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 3. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 3 half-pints.
2 tablespoons equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC