- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook 15-18 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into three hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: 3 half-pints.
Reviews for Blueberry Preserves
Sort By :
This should be 'Declared Illegal!' Done as 'Freezer Jam' you have no idea what "Good Eats" really means over Vanilla 'I Scream for Ice Cream.'
This should be 'Declared Illegal!' Done as 'Freezer Jam' you have no idea what "Good Eats" really means over Vanilla 'Scream.'
To remove air bubbles you can tap it on the counter gently or...preferred...run a skewer through it to pop the bubbles. and yes! I would definitely freeze this if canning isn't for you!
How do you "remove air bubbles" ??
This was AWESOME! It tastes just like Christmas in your mouth! I will have to make more, as it only makes a small batch! YUMMA!