Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
My husband and I have blueberry bushes in our backyard, so I developed this dessert using a basic pound cake recipe from my great-aunt. I pick and freeze the berries in 3-cup portions so I can make this yummy cake all year long. -Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Spoon into two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cranberry juice concentrate until smooth. Add blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm or cold with pound cake. Yield: 2 loaf cakes.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC