- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup thawed cranberry juice concentrate
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in extracts. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into two greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and cranberry juice concentrate until smooth. Add blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm or cold with pound cake. Yield: 2 loaf cakes.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Pound Cake
Sort By :
"I made this with the specified 3 cups of sugar and it was very, very sweet, even with the tartness of the blueberries. If I make this again I'll cut back on the sugar- maybe 2 1/2 cups. I made this without the sauce. I had a little problem with the top of the loaf. It turned out crispy and flaked when I removed it from the pan. The top was only lightly browned, so I know it wasn't overbaked. Any ideas on why that happened? Also, take the direction about lining the pans with waxed paper seriously. I just put waxed paper on the bottom (like I do for fruitcakes) and greased the sides generously with vegetable shortening. The loaves were a little stuck to the pan at the top, even though I used non-stick pans."
"I love this recipe. I have been making ever since I saw it in the magazine years ago. I like to make it with and without the sauce. I make this for gifts as well and modify the size of the cake pans for differnt needs."
"Made thie recipe and there was no need for the confectioners sugar or blueberry sauce as it was so delicious without either one. Plan to make this for holiday gift giving! Thanks so much for sharing this delight."