Blueberry-Poppy Seed Brunch Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and lemon peel. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined. Spread into a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and nutmeg; gently stir in blueberries until coated. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove sides of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry-Poppy Seed Brunch Cake(5)
Sort By :
Very yummy! I did 1/4 C applesauce, and 1/4 C butter and a little less sugar (to make up for the sweetness in the applesauce!) and the cake was very moist. Next time I might try to add some vanilla, or almond, extract to the glaze. Thank you for sharing!
I have made this several times now, both with fresh & frozen blueberries, and it always turns out great! It's one of my family's favorites!
This was a very easy but very tasty brunch cake. I made this for a Mother's Day brunch and everyone RAVED about it. The cake part was a tad on the dry side, but overall a definite "make again" recipe.
Delicious! I used mixed frozen berries since that was what I had and it tasted great!
This is really nice!!! Yummy !!!
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Coffee Cake >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Easter Recipes >