- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter to 110°-115°. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk mixture. Add the sugar, salt, egg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide in half. Roll each into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle; brush with melted butter. Combine sugar, cinnamon and lemon peel; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in of edges. Top with blueberries; press into dough.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each into 12 slices. Place, cut side down, in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. For glaze, combine sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a desired consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls. Cool in pans on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Blueberry Pinwheels(3)
Sort By :
My husband loved these! They have become a new favorite for my family. I am always looking for new blueberry recipes because we have lots of blueberry bushes and I need recipes to use them all! I could use some more practice with yeast, and these would be perfect!
The blueberries tend to fall out of the rolls, but the dough is soft and they're pretty. Oh, and they taste great too.
YUM!!! Could almost be a dessert .....