This is one of my family's favorite desserts. Because it's chilled before serving, it's really refreshing during hot weather. The smooth, creamy filling pairs nicely with the crisp graham cracker crust.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 30 large marshmallows
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- Additional graham cracker crumbs, optional
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, drain the pineapple juice into a saucepan; set pineapple aside. Add marshmallows to juice; cook and stir until melted. Remove from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add marshmallow mixture; beat well. Fold in the pineapple and whipped topping; spread half over crust. Cover with pie filling. Chill for 30 minutes. Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs if desired. Chill for 30 minutes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Pineapple Cream in Country Extra July 1994, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry Pineapple Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review