- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon peel
- and salt; spoon into crust. Drizzle with lemon juice; dot with
- butter. Roll out remaining pastry; place over filling. Seal and
- flute edges. Cut slits in top crust.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and
- filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 398 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.