Blueberry Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
We live in blueberry country, and this pie is a perfect way to showcase the luscious berries. A neighbor made this pie for us when we had a death in the family several years ago, and she shared the recipe, too. Our whole family enjoys it.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Gradually add water, stirring until smooth. Stir in 2 cups of
- blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Spoon remaining blueberries into the crust; top with cooled blueberry
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled. Serve
- with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without whipped cream) equals 230 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a