Blueberry Pecan Scones Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla; add to crumb mixture. Stir in the blueberries, pecans and lemon peel just until moistened.
- 3. Turn onto a floured surface, knead 6-8 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- 4. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 each: 261 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Pecan Scones
"I am always on the hunt for a tasty blueberry scone recipe and this is one! Toasted pecans and bright lemon bring out the flavor of the sweet berries."