- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla; add to crumb mixture. Stir in the blueberries, pecans and lemon peel just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead 6-8 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Blueberry Pecan Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p202
Reviews for Blueberry Pecan Scones(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2013
I am always on the hunt for a tasty blueberry scone recipe and this is one! Toasted pecans and bright lemon bring out the flavor of the sweet berries.