Blueberry Pear Cobbler
From Hot Springs, Arkansas, Susan Pumphrey shares her mother's comforting cobbler. "Mom used her home-canned pears in this warm dessert, but the store-bought variety works just as well," Susan notes. "People are amazed something that comes together in a cinch tastes this wonderful."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears
- 1 package (7 ounces) blueberry muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Drain pears, reserving 3/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save
- for another use). Pour pears and reserved juice into a greased 2-qt.
- baking dish. Sprinkle with muffin mix; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and
- top is lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.