Blueberry Peach Trifle Recipe
I first tried this recipe because it looked so pretty...but I had no idea it would taste so good. It's just delicious, and easy to make. I serve it in a deep glass bowl for Sunday dinner or on special occasions. I've found the custard works quite well in a pie crust, too. I do a lot of cooking, baking, canning and freezing for my husband, Roman, and our two daughters here on our farm. I've enjoyed cooking ever since I was young and helped my mother in her kitchen.
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups cubed pound cake (3/4-inch cubes)
- 2-1/2 cups chopped peeled peaches
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk, water and lemon peel. Whisk in pudding mix. Chill 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 cups pudding mixture into 4-qt. glass serving bowl; top with half of cake cubes, all the peaches, half of remaining pudding mixture, remaining cake cubes and blueberries. Spread remaining pudding mixture to within 1 in. of edge of bowl. Chill for at least 4 hours. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Peach Trifle in Country Woman July/August 1987, p29
Reviews for Blueberry Peach Trifle(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2009
I made this recipe when I had more than enough peaches. It is absolutely fabulous. I am going to try it with raspberries when the peaches are out of season. Truly delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Berry Trifle >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >