Blueberry-Peach Pound Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in peaches and blueberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 300 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Blueberry-Peach Pound Cake
"Every time I take this cake somewhere it gets rave reviews. It is excellent! Change the recipe and then dis it? Duh!"
"I wish I could say that this recipe worked out for me, but unfortunately it did not.My adjustments were to add 2 tsp. almond extract to creamed mixture and 1 tsp. salt to dry ingredients. I'd also added 1 Tbsp. of ground Navel orange for flavor I used 2 15-oz. cans of peaches (one can of peach halves and the other of sliced peaches which I'd cut in pieces! When I baked this cake, it came out really lopsided and the cake was quite dense on top and gooey!For me, I would probably use LESS fruit! I'd added 2 Tbsp. of flour so that the fruit would not sink to bottom of cake! That it DID NOT do, but it just didn't rise evenly! I'd also baked the cake 70 minutes and it TESTED done, but when I'd turned it out after the 15 minutes of cooling in the pan, that was when I noticed the unevenly baked cake! It's not likely that I would be using this recipe again and if I do, I'd use less fruit for the equality of the batter!delowenstein:-("
"Like another reviewer said, this recipe speaks summer!!! Super delicious, full of fruit, nice and fluffy cake. The only thing missing? A nice scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream on top!!! Yum!!! I did not use the optional powdered sugar (I totally forgot!) and it was still phenomenal!!"
"Very good & hard to stop eating! It speaks Summer."
"This cake is excellent, but I did add 1 teaspoon of vanilla to it. It might seem like a lot of fruit for not a lot of batter, but add it all - delicious!"
"this is a very good cake I added a teaspoon of real vanilla and a simple glaze over the top. It also Makes great cupcakes"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.