This recipe was a lucky experiment. I was going to make apple pound cake but found I had no apples. So, I used the blueberries and peaches I had on hand. I was a winning combination.—Nancy Zimmerman, Cape May Court House, New Jersey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in peaches and blueberries.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Peach Pound Cake in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry-Peach Pound Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review