Blueberry-Peach Pound Cake Recipe
The fruit of Martha Domeny's cake-baking labors is applauded all around the table in her San Diego, California home. "Each golden piece is packed with fruit, so it makes for a very refreshing snack," she writes.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups chopped fresh or frozen unsweetened peaches
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar and applesauce. Add egg substitute and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix until blended. Fold in peaches and blueberries. Pour into a 10-in. flouted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Garnish slices with whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Peach Pound Cake in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p56
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Blueberry-Peach Pound Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cakes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Cake Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >