Blueberry Peach Parfaits Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In six parfait glasses, layer 2 rounded tablespoons of custard, two to three peach slices and 2 tablespoons blueberries; repeat layers. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 192 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Blueberry Peach Parfaits
"The custard was very good and the fruit made us feel like it was a healthy snack."
"My kids love the custard of this parfait and we use any fresh fruit with it. I have to make double the amount of custard."