Blueberry Peach Parfaits Recipe
"We have peach trees and blueberry bushes, so combining those fresh fruits with a thick old-fashioned custard sauce is an extraordinary summer treat," relates field editor Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In six parfait glasses, layer 2 rounded tablespoons of custard, two to three peach slices and 2 tablespoons blueberries; repeat layers. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 192 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC