"We have peach trees and blueberry bushes, so combining those fresh fruits with a thick old-fashioned custard sauce is an extraordinary summer treat," relates field editor Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In six parfait glasses, layer 2 rounded tablespoons of custard, two to three peach slices and 2 tablespoons blueberries; repeat layers. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Peach Parfaits in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p8
Reviews for Blueberry Peach Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2014
"The custard was very good and the fruit made us feel like it was a healthy snack."
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2012
"My kids love the custard of this parfait and we use any fresh fruit with it. I have to make double the amount of custard."