"We have peach trees and blueberry bushes, so combining those fresh fruits with a thick old-fashioned custard sauce is an extraordinary summer treat," relates field editor Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Whipped cream
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In six parfait glasses, layer 2 rounded tablespoons of custard, two to three peach slices and 2 tablespoons blueberries; repeat layers. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Peach Parfaits in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p8
Reviews for Blueberry Peach Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2014
"The custard was very good and the fruit made us feel like it was a healthy snack."
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2012
"My kids love the custard of this parfait and we use any fresh fruit with it. I have to make double the amount of custard."