Blueberry Peach Fool Recipe
Why not usher in April with this delightfully creamy whipped dessert from our Test Kitchen? It's chockfull of the fresh, fruity goodness that hints of warmer weather and appeals to all ages.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, sugar, apple juice, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until peaches are tender. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a blender, process peach mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Just before serving, whip cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into peach mixture. In parfait glasses, alternately layer blueberries and cream mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 641 calories, 45g fat (27g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Peach Fool
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC