Blueberry Peach Cobbler
"This delicious cobbler smells so good while it's in the oven, your mouth will be watering before it's finished baking" assures Roni Goodell of Spanish Fork, Utah. "Believe me--there will be no leftovers!" TIP: "Serve it warm with cream or ice cream--my family's favorite," Roni suggests.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mace.
- Stir in sherry until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes or until thickened. Add the peaches, blueberries, pecans,
- butter and lemon juice. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder