- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, brown sugar, lemon juice and peel. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, place half of the berries in dessert dishes or parfait glasses; top with half of the sour cream mixture. Repeat layers. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry Parfaits
"I think next time I'll try using low fat yogurt instead of sour cream to cut down the calories/fat/cholestrol and then maybe my husband will eat it. When he found out it was made with sour cream I think his heart made his taste buds say no way. I loved the taste, though, and so did my 4 and almost 3 year olds. Oh, it was also really good with some added strawberries!"