"These cool and lightly sweet parfaits put a new twist on berries and cream," says Adeline Piscitelli of Sayreville, New Jersey. "My guests marvel at the simple ingredients that go into this elegant dessert."
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Whipped cream
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, brown sugar, lemon juice and peel. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, place half of the berries in dessert dishes or parfait glasses; top with half of the sour cream mixture. Repeat layers. Top with whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Parfaits in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p44
Reviews for Blueberry Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review