Blueberry Orange Smoothies
Start out your mornings with one of these refreshing smoothies using low fat dairy products and blueberries. To complete the meal, serve these with whole grain muffins, bagels or toast. Nella Parker of Hersey, Michigan also likes to serve these smoothies at dinner.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium navel oranges
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 to 1-1/3 cups ice cubes
- Peel and remove the white pith from oranges; separate into sections.
- Place in a blender; add the yogurt, milk, blueberries and sugar.
- Cover and process until smooth. Add ice; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 92 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.