Blueberry Orange Scones Recipe
Tender, flaky and moist, these buttery scones are studded with juicy blueberries. They’re great for breakfast, brunch or as a midday snack with coffee or tea! Katy Radtke - Appleton, WI
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and orange juice just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 scone equals 198 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Blueberry Orange Scones
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC