- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk and orange juice just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Turn onto a floured surface; gently knead 10 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Reviews for Blueberry Orange Scones
Sort By :
I baked these one night to serve the next morning for breakfast. My husband and I love them! Tender and flavorful and it doesn't wreck our calorie-counts.
Definitely needs more sugar in the batter and sprinkling on top. Batter was too thick and hard to fold in blueberries, also a tad dry. Will not make these again without making some changes to it.
Very good! I didn't have any buttermilk, so I just used fat-free milk instead. I also didn't have any orange peel, but they still turned out great!
Sconces are so good, and i would love ones with real bluberries, since they are really good for us..recipe is a keeper...
hot cup of coffee?..lol