Blueberry-Orange Onion Salad Recipe
Blueberries combine nicely with oranges, onion and a tangy dressing to make this green salad really special. I like to take it when we go on family picnics. My 3-year old grandson always wants a second helping.
- 3 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices sweet onion, separated into rings
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed blueberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Arrange greens on four salad plates. Top with the orange slices and onion rings. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; stir until blended. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 155 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC