Blueberry-Orange Muffins Recipe
This recipe was given to me some time ago, and I've used it often since. In fact, it's so good that it won first prize at a county fair! Blueberries are plentiful here in the Midwest, and this is a delicious way to prepare them.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 to 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Mix oats, orange juice and zest; blend in oil and eggs; set aside. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add oat mixture; mix lightly. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 24 large muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 228 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry-Orange Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC