- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 to 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix oats, orange juice and zest; blend in oil and eggs; set aside. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add oat mixture; mix lightly. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 24 large muffins.
Reviews for Blueberry-Orange Muffins
"I followed the recipe exactly as it was written. The muffins are good, but they have too much oil. I can taste the oil in the muffins, next time I'm going to substitute applesauce or reduce the amount of oil. It also took me 25 minutes to cook, not 15 to 18."
"Great recipe. They are delicious and nutritious. Everyone loved them. This is definitely a keeper"
"My muffins are baking now! :) I Only have rolled oats, but I had a can of orange juice concentrate . It yielded 1 1/2 cups liquid when defrosted, so I just used that figuring the extra liquid will help process the less processed oats *hopefully fingers crossed*. I also chose to use allspice vs cinnamon just cause I like it better & have kinda been obsessed lately. ...& apparently I left out the baking soda...joys of parenting a toddler :) Lets hope they turn out as amazin as they smell :)update: they taste great! wouldn't even know I forgot the baking soda :) Made 24 muffins & 1 small loaf."
"Absolutely delicious! I was looking for an orange quick bread recipe to make for Sunday breakfast & saw this one. Since I had blueberries on hand that I needed to use up, I made these! Got rave reviews from the whole family, even the non-berry lovers. The only thing I omitted was the nuts in the topping. Didn't have any on hand. They were perfect without them! Will definitely make often!"
"Very flavorful and moist. I used fresh orange from our tree. This will be my go to recipe for blueberry muffins. It makes alot, so I freeze most for later."