Blueberry-Orange Muffins Recipe
This recipe was given to me some time ago, and I've used it often since. In fact, it's so good that it won first prize at a county fair! Blueberries are plentiful here in the Midwest, and this is a delicious way to prepare them.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 to 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix oats, orange juice and zest; blend in oil and eggs; set aside. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add oat mixture; mix lightly. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 24 large muffins.
Originally published as Blueberry-Orange Muffins in Country Extra July 1990, p49
Reviews for Blueberry-Orange Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2012
Very flavorful and moist. I used fresh orange from our tree. This will be my go to recipe for blueberry muffins. It makes alot, so I freeze most for later.