- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 to 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix oats, orange juice and zest; blend in oil and eggs; set aside. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add oat mixture; mix lightly. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins, filling two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 24 large muffins.
Reviews for Blueberry-Orange Muffins
Sort By :
"Great recipe. They are delicious and nutritious. Everyone loved them. This is definitely a keeper"
"My muffins are baking now! :) I Only have rolled oats, but I had a can of orange juice concentrate . It yielded 1 1/2 cups liquid when defrosted, so I just used that figuring the extra liquid will help process the less processed oats *hopefully fingers crossed*. I also chose to use allspice vs cinnamon just cause I like it better & have kinda been obsessed lately. ...& apparently I left out the baking soda...joys of parenting a toddler :) Lets hope they turn out as amazin as they smell :)update: they taste great! wouldn't even know I forgot the baking soda :) Made 24 muffins & 1 small loaf."
"Absolutely delicious! I was looking for an orange quick bread recipe to make for Sunday breakfast & saw this one. Since I had blueberries on hand that I needed to use up, I made these! Got rave reviews from the whole family, even the non-berry lovers. The only thing I omitted was the nuts in the topping. Didn't have any on hand. They were perfect without them! Will definitely make often!"
"Very flavorful and moist. I used fresh orange from our tree. This will be my go to recipe for blueberry muffins. It makes alot, so I freeze most for later."