- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg whites
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, salt and orange peel. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add nuts. Beat eggs, whites, milk, juice and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in berries.
- Spoon half into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Orange Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p17
Reviews for Blueberry-Orange Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review