Blueberry Orange Cheesecake Recipe
I'm always quick to give my mom credit for this lovely dessert recipe when people compliment me on it. The fruit topping makes each slice so attractive, and you can detect a hint of citrus in the creamy light-texture filling. —Christine Wilson Sellersville, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups (32 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a blender, cover and process cottage cheese until smooth.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in sugar. Beat in the flour, cream, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar; spread over cheesecake. Garnish with blueberries and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC