Blueberry Orange Bread Recipe
"Plump ripe blueberries and orange juice bring a refreshing and fruity flavor to this special golden loaf," writes Donna Smith of Victor, New York.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine egg, orange juice, water, butter and orange peel. Add to dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in the blueberries. Pour into a greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 130 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC