- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or raspberries, divided
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, milk and flour until blended. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a 6-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Stir batter; fill a 1/4-cup measure halfway with batter and pour into center of pan. Quickly lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn crepe over and cook 15-20 seconds longer or until bottom is cooked. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 2 tablespoons marmalade, sugar and cinnamon. Spoon about 2 tablespoons mixture onto each crepe; top with about 1 tablespoon blueberries. Fold opposite sides of crepes over filling, forming a rectangular bundle.
Place blintzes on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, seam side down. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and the remaining marmalade and blueberries.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled crepes between layers of waxed paper in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, thaw overnight in refrigerator overnight. Proceed as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Blueberry-Orange Blintzes
"I'd recommend making the crepe batter in a blender if that's available for a smoother consistency. My daughter really liked the filling on these, and I strongly recommend eating these with the sour cream topping (even if you don't generally like sour cream)."