Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packets (1.51 ounces each) instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, milk and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the syrup ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with pancakes. Yield: 14 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter. This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
1 each: 171 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
"These were very good! They were so fluffy and thick. The fresh blueberries added a nice burst of flavor. I used reduced-sugar oatmeal packets and fat-free sour cream, too, and I did not make the blueberry syrup but used sugar-free maple syrup instead. Measuring 1/4 cup batter as indicated, I got 18 pancakes out of the batch, and the calories without syrup came in at only 94 per pancake! Yummy."
"These were nothing special. They lacked sweetness although I didn't make the syrup."
"Love, love, love these pancakes! The blueberry syrup is perfect on top! If you like blueberries, you'll love these pancakes. I have only made these with fresh blueberries."
"I love this recipe! I exchanged low fat vanilla yogurt for the sour cream, and the results were great."
"Would like to add some type of extract for more flavor."