Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
Wonderful blueberry flavor abounds in these thick and moist pancakes from Amy Spainhoward of Bowling Green, Kentucky. “My kids love them, and they are very nutritious, easy, and inexpensive!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:14 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packets (1.51 ounces each) instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, milk and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- 2. Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- 3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the syrup ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with pancakes. Yield: 14 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
1 pancake with 1 tablespoon syrup equals 171 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC