- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packets (1.51 ounces each) instant maple and brown sugar oatmeal mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites, egg, milk and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the syrup ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Serve warm with pancakes. Yield: 14 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Reviews for Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
"These were very good! They were so fluffy and thick. The fresh blueberries added a nice burst of flavor. I used reduced-sugar oatmeal packets and fat-free sour cream, too, and I did not make the blueberry syrup but used sugar-free maple syrup instead. Measuring 1/4 cup batter as indicated, I got 18 pancakes out of the batch, and the calories without syrup came in at only 94 per pancake! Yummy."
"These were nothing special. They lacked sweetness although I didn't make the syrup."
"Love, love, love these pancakes! The blueberry syrup is perfect on top! If you like blueberries, you'll love these pancakes. I have only made these with fresh blueberries."
"I love this recipe! I exchanged low fat vanilla yogurt for the sour cream, and the results were great."
"Would like to add some type of extract for more flavor."